The X-Files (1993-2002)

"Scully, hold up your flashlight?" "No."
Everyone knows what the X-Files are. I grew up with that show on television, which also meant I was terrified of that show at the same time (the theme song, oh man). But I by some miracle never watched it, probably due to a very interfering mother. Agent Dana Scully () is told to work alongside with Fox Mulder () who is dealing with something called 'the X-Files' and to write reports back about her observations in a scientific and clinical way.

That's how the pilot plays on it at least. Can you believe that I never knew whether or not the show dealt with aliens? I was half-way expecting that Scully would find a logical and much more reasonable explanation, which she tries, but in the end it's rather futile.

Mulder of course is the firm believer, though still tries to pursue it logically first, even if he's determined that there's more to it than meets the eye. I've just seen three episodes, but I'm rather enjoying it. Of course it's the sort of partnered up crime drama but with aliens and the supernatural thrown into the mix. Thankfully it's not the first season of Supernatural where they had to pour salt on everything.

I don't know whether or not the show will hit a formulaic note, then again, there are nine seasons. I feel like I'm about to embark on a marathon and need to mentally prepare myself.

Comments

Popular Posts