Avengers: EndGame


Honestly, I'm not really going to talk about the film or what it's about. Anyone who's seen Infinity War kind of knows already know that this is the continuation of that plot thread, like stuff happened. Lots of stuff. What I really want to talk about is how the Marvel Cinematic universe has been a huge part of my life for 11 years, and how it does feel like the end of an era.

No one believed that it would succeed and reach the level that it did back in the day. Iron Man opened the doors, then Avengers really held those doors open. Every time one headed to the cinema to see one of the films it became an event.

Not all of them were top tier, but the quality started to become consistent. The directors were given the chance to be creative and diverge from the typical formula - like Guardians of the Galaxy that many despaired at before the film even got out. Look how that turned out? It opened for Thor: Ragnarok. Of course, some aren't very memorable, while others are repeatedly watched. The actors are forever defined by their roles in these films, whether they like it or not.

I welcome more in the future, whatever shape and form it will be in. And maybe in a month or two, I will dare to talk about the film in more detailed terms. I'll only say that I enjoyed the ride immensely, I cried, I laughed, and cried some more, like throughout the entire film. Three hours is a lot of tears. Props to Nyx for creating a really good solid black catliner! Wow, it really held up throughout.

10/10

Comments

Popular Posts