Outlander: The Wedding


(Spoilers for s01e07)

Claire and Jamie get married, all because of 'Black Jack Randall' who would otherwise have the liberty to question her. And the episode begins at the end of the ceremony, an unexpected start, but a good one really. The build up of the episode is a rather interesting one, than the straight-forward narrative in the book, as they insert humour with little flashbacks to Jamie's three requests (besides Claire's own day). 

Of course they often return to the scene of two people getting to know each other, forced to consummate the proceedings, which aren't wholly perfected of course. The scenes are much more realistic than much else that's on display these days, and that's saying something. 


We've all been rooting for the pairing despite the various obstacles - and I suspect most have since Jamie threatened to throw her over his shoulder and carry her. I might add that he was drenched in blood and sweat at the time. After that, the episodes were littered with small moments of Jamie impressing her in some way or the other, and the pair of them having friendly interactions. 

There's really no one else I could imagine her marrying, of course, as it were in the book as well. They've done a really good job adapting this. I dread to think that the next episode is the last for a while, but I think the wait will make it worth it. 

I just hope they remove the thing I did not approve of, or well, twist the scene in a way. But there are other worrying things taking place, understandably - Claire's confusion. 

8/10




Comments

  1. I cannot believe we have to wait until APRIL. This is unacceptable.

    I really liked how they just ended up talking a whole lot before the ploughing commenced. It was sweet. Dougal is so creepy.

    Sad that we didn't get to see Randall's reaction first hand. I hope he shows up next episode.

    I'm also really curious about this twist!! Guess I really have to read the book lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, April is a walk in the park considering the constant Sherlock hiatuses I've been enduring since 2010. It's been four bloody years, but it feels like I've lost a huge chunk of my life. So April? Nah, that's nothing haha.

      Oh yes, there was loads of chatting, and yes Dougal is a douche-nozzle.

      Haha, DON'T. I can tell you if you like, and if they end up using it in the show - I might actually quit the show entirely. That's saying something.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Ah, yes. Compared to other show it's not that bad. Still, it makes me kinda worried about when they'll air season 2. And autumn premiere so close to the season 1 finale is not going to happen, I'm sure.

      Haha, you have to spoil me this twist if they don't end up using it on the show. I'm dying over here.

      Delete
    4. Err, my comment got swallowed and then re-emerged. Sorry for deleting!

      Delete
    5. Oh no, it's very typical these days. I'm quite sure they'll be sending the first part of season two during the autumn. There's loads of shows that keep splitting up their episodes in half for some strange reason. They're trying to cut down on the 'waiting' apparently.

      And YES! I will tell you. From all we know the whole 'concept' might not even appear before the second half of season one.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts