Forwards #1

There's trailer periods and I feel like most of this year has been a whopper. I always have loads I'm looking forward to, but trailers versus actual film is a curious journey. I wanted to rant a bit about things I'm looking forward to though, hopefully stirring up some interest in my wake (or disinterest).

Here's some things that are making me particularly giddy.


The Skeleton Twins 
Kirsten Wiig and Bill Hader have worked many years together on SNL, though that's not really what I'm going to talk about, but those two are hysterical though. Anyway their dramatic turn is something I'm honestly looking forward to, because only great actors can master comedy in my opinion, so drama shouldn't be difficult for the pair. Comedy is harder than anything else, so I predict 10/10 appreciation of the film. Also Luke Wilson (I just really like that man, really really do).





Horns
Daniel Radcliffe has already stepped out of his 'HP' shoes for me with Kill Your Darlings, though this dark comedy/horror/drama-thing looks brilliant. I was already interested pre-teaser stage, having heard of it early in pre-production, and wondered how it was going to be done really. I'm really fond of Daniel's choices of late. He's not afraid to dabble and this will certainly just make him grow for future roles. It's a great hop and a skip from the eleven year old who looked wistful out of a window. 


Birdman 
Michael Keaton sort of playing himself in a film that's done in one sequence. It had me at the teaser trailer really. I suspect it's the hauntingly slow version of Gnarl's Barkley's Crazy amping up the anticipation, but it's a fantastic start really. And the cast-list is impressive! 




The Imitation Game
I feel like someone should say 'duh', but it's obvious why it's on the list considering my rather disconcerting adoration of Sherlock BBC (and the man donning the curls). But also because it's got a Norwegian director. Yes, I know. It's close to home in that way. I'm either going to be very disappointed or amazed, I hope for the latter really. It's a huge Oscar contender and has been since it was just in script mode. I don't know if Mr Cumberbatch will suddenly be standing by a podium looking terribly humbled or not, but I look forward to why he's nominated (98% chance he'll be). 


Gotham
Here's a television-show on the list and a second Batman related one. Jim Gordon's origin story (besides everyone else's) is one I'd be willing to follow weekly and I'm very excited on the prospect. It can either turn into a complete nightmare or something good (possibly both, but in that scenario that's a good thing). 


The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby 
Love story from two different perspectives (woman vs man), then one from 'both'. Three films. That's rather wonderful, don't you agree? I'm looking forward to it. Might help that it has an amazing cast as well. Also the title.



The Flash
I watch Arrow so I'm very excited on how they'll flesh out Barry over here, especially since I really liked the young fellow when he popped up flirting with Felicity (and the reaction that made). I've also had a thing for the Flash since I was a kid, so this is my dream come true.


Interstellar 
Christopher Nolan and space. Enough said. 



Love, Rosie 
Romantic comedy spanning over several years with loads of unresolved/complications? I love my romantic comedies, and am always looking for good ones. Hopefully I'll might this silly piece to the list, though we'll see if it's a gem or not.


Big Hero 6
Just watch the clip man. 



Kingsman: The Secret Service
Colin Firth being a badass was enough to convince me that this will probably be a gem. Also I love Matthew Vaugn. He's just really really good and knows how to do action.

Comments

Popular Posts