Outlander: The Garrison Commander


(spoilers for s01e06)

Last episode of Outlander (episode five) ended on a bang, not literally, though enough to make ones lip wobbly and nervous in every aspect. Claire managed to capture the empathy of some red-coats, which was a 50/50 scenario of 'is this really a good thing?' - 'she can go home? yay' and of course the second it seems like everything's going her way, smoozing and boozing with these fancy-folk - the villain who looks like her not yet born-husband shows up. Things obviously spiral out of control because Claire can't shut her gob (reminding me fiercely more of a Gryffindor if I were to house her) and it's rather gut wrenching in a way to watch (pun so intended).


Finally, when we come past the whole bit where she drinks a bit of truth-water - Dougal's brilliant plan suddenly gets revealed 'you'll have to marry someone'. We all know who it is before it's even said out loud, and the second Claire is sat being grim about it, it reminds me of all those times I've seen a male character be forced into something similar with the same reaction, especially at Jamie's reveal. Hilarity and romance and nudity seems to take place in the next episode 'The Wedding'. It's quite obvious what's going down there, yes.

9/10


Comments

  1. Ahh, Tobias Menzies and Caitriona Balfe killed it this episode. Also, I spoiled myself a little bit about how cruel Black Jack Randall really is and, holy shit, my jaw fell to the floor. I wonder how far starz are willing to go in the scene with him and Jaime.

    Only two more episodes before the mid-season break :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good that I don't remember so much of that, perhaps my defenses are up and I'm "blocking" that part, though yes he's a sadistic twit. We'll see how far they're willing to go soon really.

      Yes, it's going to kill us for sure really. Depends if they follow the original story or take a brutal left turn.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts