SM Crystal: Tuxedo Mask



Admit it, that shit is hawt

(spoilers for s01e06)

It's a first - we've got the legendary would-be couple (if they remembered their past-lives of course) owning up to their secret identities, or well, one of them has figured it out already, that is. This is new to me, because everyone's used to the pair dancing around each other for an age without either actually knowing who the other is, and I sort of expected it in this reboot. After all the nineties version was the slowest burn ever and they reminded me of Beatrice and Benedick (Much ado about Nothing) with their tiny spats and his arrogant comments. He was the older man and she was the hapless youth, but now they're equals, though he means she fights better (she does though). This is a much better foundation for the both of them, yet I'm curious on what kind of obstacles they'll be throwing their part really. 

I don't know how this'll turn out, though I am really curious. The show hasn't been a wonderful trek from start to finish in all honesty (the art, the dialogue, etc). Yes, it is cheesy as hell, some bits of the dialogue is certainly outdated, but it's still fun. I suspect it has much to do with the part it played in my childhood, rendering my heart soft to partake in the joy of watching it (also I keep tearing up every time I watch the bloody thing). Also the fact that everything's sort of shiny and new, despite the familiarity certainly helps. I'm sort of glad they've skipped having loads of 'filler-episodes' and just brought in those that'll actually keep it interesting. They'll most likely be doing this for a while I suspect. 


Comments

Popular Posts